Thursday, November 25, 2010

Introduction

This blog is a blatant take-off of Gretchen Rubin's blog, The Happiness Project. She probably started her project from a point of contentment, of experiencing happiness more often than not. On this I'm obviously just speculating but she seems like she has it pretty together. I am starting my project from a point of profound depression, such that I had to take a leave of absence from school to come live with my parents so that I didn't kill myself. Thus, this project will be a chronicle of my (and others') attempt to treat my depression. I would be thrilled to eventually reach a point of even-keeledness (where the keel isn't scraping the bottom of the Marianna Trench) and experiencing contentment every once in a while. This isn't going to be a stunt project that is so popular these days where I will try something for a year and then write a book about it, because in a year I won't magically not have depression. So this is more of a lifelong project, where I try to do as much as possible to get my depression to fuck off, on a long-term basis.

Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment